Effective Business Continuity To Keep Your Data Protected And Your Staff Productive.
Smart business owners know that business continuity planning — preparing your business and protecting your assets in the event of an unanticipated interruption of your operations — is a critical activity. Knowing how to proactively plan for a potential disaster and what to do if one occurs, however, can be a challenge to many organizations.
With Top Notch Networking (TNN) as your IT partner, you’re assured of a solid plan that protects your technology assets and enables your business to function during an outage or disaster.
Natural Disaster, Malfunction or Malicious Act? Know That Your Data Is Protected
A Business Continuity Plan Makes Good Business Sense
No one wants to plan for the worst, but businesses are faced with potential catastrophes every day. These include:
- Technical malfunctions, such as failed hardware, corrupted software or human errors.
- Natural disasters, such as floods, hurricanes, storms or earthquakes.
- Malicious acts, such as data theft, hacking or computer viruses.
For example, the ravages of Hurricane Sandy on the East Coast of the United States in late 2012 impacted up to 100,000 small businesses.
Companies with a solid continuity plan were able to continue operations, but those without the foresight to create such a plan faced the possibility of major losses and business interruptions.
Peace of Mind That Your Business Is Prepared for Any Disaster
How TNN Supports Your Business Continuity Planning
At TNN, we believe in working with our clients to ensure they have a solid business continuity plan in the event of any malfunction, disaster or malicious act.
We work to prevent the business interruptions that are avoidable by ensuring your technology assets are updated, protected and backed up. We also help you to plan for interruptions that are unavoidable — such as a natural disaster — so that your business can continue to run and your critical data is safe.
TNN conducts a business impact analysis with each of our clients at contract inception. From this analysis, we establish a detailed business continuity plan that includes the following:
- Data backup and recovery schedule.
- Level of risk analysis (hourly backups versus daily backups based on the volume and nature of the data you store).
- Data storage plan (onsite storage, offsite storage or both).
- VoIP redundancy plan to route calls to a mobile phone during Internet or power outages.
- Internet redundancy plan to maintain Internet access during an outage of your primary Internet connection.
- Uninterruptible power supply (UPS) plan to provide emergency power during a power outage.
Having a business continuity plan in place can give you peace of mind should the unthinkable happen. When you partner with TNN, you know you’re prepared and protected and can focus on your business — while we keep it running.